When you boost your productivity, not only do you get more work done, but you can also do it quicker, freeing up more time for you to do the things you really want to do!
…AND enjoy 34 Easy Success Tips to Increase Your Productivity. Try these tips to help you take control of your day and accomplish more:
1. Set a goal for each day
2. Make a schedule – with deadlines – for your tasks
3. Keep a daily to-do list. Cross off tasks as they’re completed.
4. If a task doesn’t really need to be done, just get rid of it altogether
5. Batch similar tasks together
6. Learn to say no to requests for tasks that would impede on your priorities
7. Delegate some of your work
8. Do the unpleasant items quickly and as early in the day as possible
9. Slow down. Rushing causes mistakes and actually slows your productivity.
10. Leave only icons for work programs on your computer desktop
11. Avoid social networking sites during work hours, unless you use them for work
12. Color-code your paper files and folders
13. Take a 2-5 minute “micro nap.” Rest your head and close your eyes.
14. Organize your electronic files and folders so you know where everything is
15. Use keyboard shortcuts whenever you can
16. Schedule your most critical tasks for your most effective time of the day
17. Communicate clearly with clients, bosses, and colleagues
18. Use a planner faithfully
19. Search for add-ons for your browser that can speed up your Internet tasks
20. Take breaks to relax and refresh your mind and body
21. Use stress-reducing techniques each day to keep stress to a minimum
22. Keep work and personal email separate. Access only work email when working.
23. Limit emails to 5 sentences: who, what, where, when, and why
24. Clear clutter from your desk
25. Beat procrastination and get started right away on the task at hand
26. Try doing everything a little faster. Walk, talk, type, and read faster.
27. Avoid trying to multi-task
28. Focus hard on being productive for 30 minutes at a time. Set a timer.
29. Help motivate yourself with your favorite quotes
30. Focus on the appropriate task—personal or work-related—at the appropriate time
31. Put on headphones to avoid distracting noises. Listen to music if it helps you.
32. Focus on the tasks that will accomplish the most
33. Ask for help
34. Leave your desk clean at the end of each day